The YouthLead #Reaching16 Essay Contest 2021
Calling all young changemakers! Participate in the “YouthLead #Reaching16 Essay Contest” and join us in advocating for peace, justice, and strong institutions! “Reaching 16” refers to Goal 16 of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) that aims to promote just, peaceful, and inclusive societies.
This also serves as a reference and commitment to ensuring youth reach the age of 16 and beyond by stabilizing communities. As a young changemaker, our #Reaching16 Essay Contest provides you with a unique platform to share your personal experience and creative voice with the world!
Requirements for YouthLead #Reaching16 Essay Contest
In your personal essay (800 words maximum) answer the following question: What are you or someone you know doing to ensure your community is #Reaching16 with peace, justice, and strong institutions? A great personal essay captivates readers by sharing the author’s authentic voice. It takes the reader inside the writer’s experience through descriptive words and examples as well as gives insight into the author’s passion and inspirations for being involved in the peace, justice and building strong institutions.
- Format and Length: Each submission must have a title and cannot be longer than 800 words. While it is not mandatory, we highly encourage you to upload a photograph of yourself or the work being done in your community.
- Language: Essays can be written in English, Spanish, or French. No other languages will be accepted.
- All written submissions must be the original work of the Entrant (that is, written by the Entrant her/himself).
- Written pieces must have been developed between December 7, 2020, and the contest deadline. Entries that have been published on other platforms or prior publications will not be considered.
The competition is open to all members of the public who are:
- Citizens of low-and middle-income countries (LMICs) as listed here;
- Aged 18-35 and;
- Members of YouthLead with a member profile that is at least 80 per cent complete. Becoming a member of YouthLead is easy and free. All Entrants must be successfully registered on YouthLead. As registration may take several days to process, all YouthLead.org registration requests must be submitted at least four business days prior to the end of the Entry Period to ensure timely approval for entering the contest.
How to Apply
Step 1: Register on YouthLead (here)
Step 2: Log into YouthLead Participating is easy! Go to the “Events” page, and click on “Announcing the YouthLead #Reaching16 Essay Contest” to begin your contest submission.
Step 3: Enter Your Text & Submit Either type the text in the respective submission field or copy and paste the text. You can use bolding, italics, and underlining to format your text. Please note that the maximum word count is 800 words.
Deadline: 15th January 2021