The Youth4Policy Programme 2019 (For Emerging Young Public Policy Leaders)
Are you keen to pursue rigorous high-quality research through a structured public policy training, mentorship and professional development programme? Do you want to join a growing network of emerging young public policy leaders? Then Youth4Policy is for you!
The Youth4Policy (Y4P) is an initiative for capacity development, policy analysis, and engagement for young leaders from a diverse spectrum of backgrounds including academia, civil society, and public service. The programme aims to empower youth with a motivation to research and analyze public policy and suggest evidence-based alternatives from the perspective of young people.
Started in 2018 as an initiative of the Konrad-Adenuaer-Stiftung (KAS) and the Centre for Development Alternatives (CDA), the programme succeeded into the Young Leaders Think Tank for Policy Alternatives which ran for only four years.
The Youth4Policy (Y4P) programme 2019 will consider the following indicative list of topics;
- Development funding in Uganda
- Employment and Youth Poverty
- Migration and refugees
- Radicalization and violent extremism
Youth4Policy (Y4P) programme applicants must meet be;
- Ugandan citizens under the age of 35 years;
- Young career professionals working in the public, private and not for profit sectors with an undergraduate degree from a recognized university;
- Currently engaged as or prospective policy-makers, academics, legal professionals, social/business entrepreneurs or civil society leaders;
- Highly analytical with evidence of prior engagement in policy research and analysis;
- Astute public communicators with a solid command of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria above must submit the under listed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A completed application form (Download it here)
- An updated curriculum vitae (not exceeding five pages)
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, Konrad-Adenuaer-Stiftung (KAS) takes the eligibility and selection criteria very seriously. Only applications that meet the eligibility criteria will be reviewed and promising candidates shall be invited for a personal interview.
Deadline: 31st March 2019