The Mastercard Foundation Youth Think Tank 2019
The Mastercard Foundation together with Restless Development
Mastercard Foundation works with visionary organizations to provide greater access to education, skills training, and financial services for people living in poverty, primarily in Africa. As one of the largest, private foundations, its work is guided by its mission to advance learning and promote financial inclusion to create an inclusive and equitable world.
Restless Development is the agency for youth-powered development. They are run out of strategic hubs in 10 countries across Africa, Asia, and in the UK and USA, with a wider network of partners across the world. They work to make sure young people have a voice, living, sexual rights, and is leaders in preventing and solving the world’s challenges.
The Youth Think Tank
The Youth Think Tank is an initiative of Mastercard Foundation implemented in partnership with Restless Development Uganda in seven African countries including Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ghana, Zambia, and Malawi.
The Youth Think Tank program sees young researchers as meaningful partners in generating high-quality evidence on youth livelihoods, leading every step of the research process.
During this program, a group of young African researchers;
- conduct research to support foundation programming and strategy development.
- are trained and mentored to conduct research, document youth needs, challenges, and aspirations,
- and share their findings with the government, policymakers, and development practitioners.
Restless Development being the implementing partner believes in and invests in young people’s skills. They work with young people and provide an opportunity for them to take the lead on issues they care about. Your participation in the Youth Think Tank is valued enormously and they commit to harnessing your skills, experiences and talents to contribute to your career aspirations and deliver results.
Restless Development offers training, mentorship
- A two-week training course on research methodology and youth engagement that will provide you with the skills and knowledge to conduct the research
- Ongoing support and mentorship to develop your skills in youth-led research and youth engagement
- Meet and reimburse all costs for travel, meals, communication during official assignments
- Exposure and connection to a network of research professionals in the academic mentors
- Upon satisfactory delivery of contracted outputs, you will receive an honorarium of 800 US dollars
- Exposure to a network of development practitioners in Africa and beyond that will ultimately enhance your networking opportunities
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Youth Think Tank, read the full program description and the complete the application form attached below then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 17th March 2019.