The Youth, Peace and Security Leadership Program 2019
Youth, Peace and Security Leadership Program
This program will:
- develop rigor in youth, peace, and security leadership efforts to increase effectiveness;
- build on local knowledge and experience to apply globally;
- enhance practice by grounding it in theory in areas related to YPS;
- connect global, regional and local networks via our global engagement partners; and support the implementation of the YPS global agenda.
The Youth, Peace and Security Leadership Program recognizes advances in the field and works already being done within the YPS realm, while at the same time supporting practitioners by linking their work to tools, research and practice in related fields that will elevate and amplify their work.
Selected youth leaders will spend two weeks in New York City, June 3–14, 2019. There will be classes, workshops, visits to the UN, and more. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Throughout the program, participants will:
- Learn the foundations of YPS
implicationsof the YPS agenda toward a sustainable and peaceful future
- Enhance their knowledge of the concepts, theory
andskills behind conflict resolution, problem-solving and intervention practices and skills
- Increase communicative behaviors and skills for increasing effectiveness as leaders
- Clarify the important role of youth in maintaining peace and security
- Design and implement a YPS project with their organization
- Youth leaders and practitioners interested in linking their work to tools, research and practice in related fields that will elevate and amplify their work
- Have demonstrated leadership in their efforts to work on behalf of youth initiatives
- Have some aspect of their work related to the theme of youth, peace
- Are available to travel to Columbia University in New York City for the two-week program to be held June 3-14, 2019
- Are available to work with a local organization in their city for the following six months through December 2019 on a project they plan during the two weeks in NYC;
- Are 18 -28 years of age
; Areproficient in English.
All costs related to the Youth, Peace
How to Apply
Interested in applying for the Youth, Peace, and Security Program, follow the link below.
Deadline: 15th February 2019