The Young Professionals Program 2020
Do you have passion and commitment to the development of Africa? A commitment to engage in crucial issues in Africa’s development? Do you wish to make a difference, be part of something bigger than yourself and explore your leadership potential? Join the African Development Bank’s Young Professionals Program for 2020.
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is Africa’s premier development finance institution. Its mission is to help to reduce poverty and improve the living conditions on the continent.
The Young Professionals Program
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three-year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. The program attracts highly qualified and motivated professionals from member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development.
Through the Young Professionals Program, African Development Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
The program targets high potential, best-in-class young professionals with a strong passion for Africa’s development. Young Professionals Program is not an internship arrangement; rather it offers exceptional career opportunities to talented young professionals with leadership potential, an established record of outstanding academic and professional achievement to make a difference to the development of the African continent.
It includes a rigorous program of activities including a learning Academy that prepares participants to be technical and professional leaders with notable impact.
- Be a citizen of a member country of the African Development Bank.
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 1st May 2020.
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in the areas related to the high priority areas (Hi-5s) as mentioned above.
- Interested candidates with coding, e-development, animation and platforms designs and maintenance are required this year.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries is a necessary requirement.
- Have a passion for Africa’s Development
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others. Work effectively in teams with displayed high adaptability to a diverse environment.
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results- orientation and problem-solving capability.
- High business acumen and innovative mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you to work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves.
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and any other country in Africa where the Bank may require your services.
How to Apply
Please note that application for admission to the AfDB Young Professionals Program is an online process. The program is highly competitive and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Should you encounter technical difficulties while submitting your application, please email, HRDirect@AFDB.ORG describing the issue and/or share a screenshot.
Deadline: 13th November 2019