The Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme 2020
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training programme with a “stretch/learning assignment” built-in, where they will gain valuable on-the-job experience. They will undergo an intensive 9 months’ on-line training on a specially designed package focusing on Reinsurance, Leadership and Management subjects. The training programme will be run in English and French.
Young Insurance Professionals Programme
Successful candidates will then be gathered for one week in Lagos or in another city where Africa Re has an office to conclude the training and for the graduation ceremony. During the one-week face- to- face training, participants will be divided into teams. Each team will be requested to present a paper of not more than 5 pages on how they expect to influence their respective organizations in the areas of training, knowledge and skills acquisition if they assume positions of authority.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism;
- Develop/improve internal operations processes (client servicing, claims handling, etc.);
- Contribute to market research and segmentation for low-income clients, and develop products for the masses in order to increase insurance penetration;
- Contribute to the construction of a reliable database of re/insurance market statistics.
Minimum requirements for eligibility
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related fields;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
How to Apply
Applications are welcome from qualified young African Insurance Professionals working with insurance or reinsurance companies, brokerage firms, supervisory authorities or related organizations.
To make the process of enrollment as easy as possible, please find below a list of the documents you will need to supply as part of the application process. Have these ready to upload before you start the process.
Submission of Applications
- Please fill the form.
- Upload supporting documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Reference Form
- Passport Photo
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.
Deadline: 15th November 2020