Voices of Youth Blogging Internship 2017
Voices of Youth (VOY) was founded in 1995 as UNICEF’s online place for young people to learn more about issues affecting their world. Today, VOY is a vibrant community of youth bloggers from all over the world, offering inspiring, original insight and opinion on a variety of topics. Everyone is welcome to write, film, comment and engage in discussions. Applications for the Voices of Youth Blogging internship are now open! This is your chance to apply for a 10-week blogging internship (August-October 2017) with Voices of Youth – UNICEF’s vibrant online community.
They are looking for 5-10 young people from across the world to join two UNICEF campaigns addressing major issues impacting millions of children: End Violence & Children Uprooted
- End Violence: Violence against children marks them forever – and ending it is everybody’s business.
- Children Uprooted: Millions of children are fleeing violence, disaster or poverty – and we need to protect their rights and their futures.
How Does Voices of Youth Blogging Internship Work?
- You will pick one of the two campaigns and craft blog posts that focus on the issues it addresses. For each blog post you receive feedback on your writing, get access to tips & tricks on how to write a good blog post, exchange ideas with other blogging interns and hear from experts;
- At the end of Voices of Youth Blogging internship, you will have improved your blogging skills, gained new insights on global issues, be connected to a network of international young bloggers, and have been a part of a worldwide campaign.
Please note that Voices of Youth Blogging internship is done by remote participation – so you will NOT be required to travel anywhere.
- Open to all young people around the world;
- Candidates should have a clear passion for one of the campaign issues, be eager to blog and improve their writing skills, participate in online discussions regularly, and attend expert speaker sessions.
How to Apply
In total, 5-10 interns will be selected to participate in this internship round. Due to the high demand and a limited number of spaces available, they’ll only contact candidates who are selected for the Voices of Youth Blogging internship. In case you are not selected for the internship – don’t worry! The Voices of Youth community is open to everyone – submit a blog post, comment on posts, participate in the discussions, or simply browse through the inspiring articles on their website.
If you are interested in being part of the interns batch that starts in August, please apply to the Voices of Youth Blogging internship by submitting the online application form.