Village Capital Fintech Africa 2018 Program for Startups
Organised by Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A), the Village Capital Fintech Africa strengthens Africa’s startup community by connecting entrepreneurs creating innovative and scalable businesses with the knowledge, network and funding they require to succeed.
Venture Capital for Africa believes entrepreneurship is a key driver for the continent’s continued development. Entrepreneurship should be a main driver in Africa’s economic growth, in particular, the high growth high potential ventures working to develop important innovations and disruptive new business models.
Village Capital Fintech Africa 2018 Program
Mobile money has transformed the financial landscape in sub-Saharan Africa. According to the 2017 GSMA Mobile Economy Report, forty-three percent of the population in sub-Saharan Africa has access to mobile phones.
Financial technology (fintech) services like peer-to-peer mobile payments have made financial services much more accessible and brought millions of unbanked and underbanked Africans closer to the formal economy. Moving beyond the initial success stories in major markets of fintech innovation like Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa, we’ve seen an expansion of products and services in Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and beyond.
This year’s Village Capital Fintech Africa program is in collaboration with PayPal.
Village Capital seeks startups in Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania that:
- Address financial health concerns including insuretech, pensions and savings, cooperative finance, and financial literacy;
- Leverage data for alternative means of credit scoring, identity verification and protection, and consumer insights;
- Integrate financial health services with other mobile services including social media, gaming, and online commerce;
- Apply fintech solutions to drive innovation and business model improvement in our other sectors of interest: agriculture, energy, education, and health.
Workshop Dates in 2018:
- Workshop 1: March 6 – 9
- Workshop 2: April 10 – 13
- Workshop 3: May 8 – 11
How to Apply
Interested applicants for Village Capital Fintech Africa 2018 should follow the link below to apply;
Application Deadline: Friday, November 24th, 2017
If you have any questions, please contact Tina Nyamache at firstname.lastname@example.org