The Umeme Internship Program 2018
The Umeme Internship Program 2018 is now open for applications from eligible university students in Uganda.
Umeme is the Leading Electricity distribution company in Uganda supplying electricity to over 1.1 Million customers spread across our 45 Service Centers and with a workforce of over 1,500 staff. They’re committed to providing exciting career opportunities that bring the best out of people.
The Umeme Internship Program
The Umeme Internship Program offers a wide range of opportunities for Undergraduate students to gain insight and appreciation of Umeme’s operations while linking academic theory to the realities at work.
The Purpose of Umeme Internship Program;
- Provide a framework by which continuing students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to the different departments where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical and hands-on-training in a real work setting.
- Expose students and deepen their knowledge and understanding of Umeme’s operations and values
- Expose students to the various professional disciplines and culture within their areas of specialization
The Program has a generous number of 50 placements for eligible students wishing to join the intake this year.
- The Umeme Internship Program is only for continuing Undergraduate students.
- All applicants MUST have a letter of recommendation from their respective university
- Internship placements are available in all Departments
- Only applicants through the online system shall be considered after assessment.
Umeme is always on the search for the best talent to join their passionate workforce with a diverse array of opportunities for professionals in Engineering, Operations, Finance, ICT, Human Resources, Research and Development, Corporate Affairs, Legal, Communications, Sales, Customer Care and other cross-cutting disciplines.
How to Apply
Umeme offers attractive employee value propositions represented by multiple opportunities to grow your career, competitive remuneration packages with performance-based bonus plans and an environment that spurs your creativity and innovation. All interested eligible candidates must fill in the following application form
- Successful candidates will be contacted via email
- Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 23rd May 2018