The Umeme Internship Program 2019
The annual Umeme internship program is now open for applications from eligible university students studying in Uganda.
Umeme is the leading electricity distribution company in Uganda supplying electricity to over 1.1 Million customers spread across our 45 Service Centers and with a workforce of over 1,500 staff. They’re committed to providing exciting career opportunities that bring the best out of people.
Umeme Internship Program
The internship program offers a wide range of opportunities for undergraduate students to gain insight and appreciation of Umeme’s operations while linking academic theory to the realities at work. The internship program also has a generous number of 50 placements for eligible students wishing to join the intake each year.
The purpose of the Umeme internship programme is to;
- Provide a framework by which continuing students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to the different departments where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical and hands-on-training in a real work setting.
- Expose students and deepen their knowledge and understanding of Umeme’s operations and values.
- Expose students to the various professional disciplines and culture within their areas of specialization.
- The Internship program is only for continuing undergraduate students.
- All applicants MUST have a letter of recommendation from their respective university
- Internship placements are available in all departments (Engineering, Operations, Finance, ICT, Human Resources, Research and Development, Corporate Affairs, Legal, Communications, Sales, Customer Care, and other cross-cutting disciplines.)
- Only applicants through the online system shall be considered after assessment.
How to Apply
All interested eligible candidates for the Umeme internship program must fill in the application form in the link below;
Deadline: 19th April 2019