The World Nomads Travel Writing Scholarship (Trip to the Caribbean)
Are you a travel writer? World Nomads are sending three aspiring travel writers to explore beyond the sandy shores and crystal waters of the Caribbean.
World Nomads is a team of global citizens, customer advocates, and creative storytellers. Since 2002, they have been protecting, connecting and inspiring independent travellers like you. The team are obsessed with travel and are passionate about helping you explore your curiosity and gain a deeper understanding of the world.
The World Nomads Travel Writing Scholarship
On the 14-day trip, you’ll attend a workshop with NY Times contributor Tim Neville then put what you’ve learned into practice and tackle real-life travel writing assignments.
The travel writing workshop in Panama will take place from 14 September to 17 September while the individual trips across a specific region of the Caribbean will take place from 18 September to 27 September 2020.
- Return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Panama.
- 4-day all-expenses-paid workshop with professional travel writer and scholarship mentor, Tim Neville in Panama hosted by Selina.
- A 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in a specific part of the Caribbean, courtesy of Bamba.
- $500 worth of Toad&Co. sustainable travel apparel and gear.
- Portfolio review of content produced on the trip by National Geographic Editor-at-large Norie Quintos.
- The cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
- You need to be 18 or over
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities.
- Applicants from the Caribbean are eligible too.
How to Apply
- Select your story theme; ‘A leap into the unknown’ ‘Making a local connection’ ‘I didn’t expect to find’
- Write a travel story; Use your chosen theme to craft a compelling story about a travel experience you’ve had in 700 words or less.
- Complete the application form; Fill in your personal details so we know how to contact you should you make the shortlist.
Deadline: 11th March 2020