The TOTAL Startupper of the Year Challenge 2019
After the success of the first TOTAL Startupper of the Year Challenge in 34 African countries, this year’s has been extended to a total of 57 countries around the world.
Total aims to support good ideas and projects that help address a widespread problem affecting communities in your country. It could be about providing educational opportunities, reducing child mortality, improving public health, developing access to electricity in rural areas, improving road safety on the roads or building houses with eco-friendly materials, in fact, anything that could make life better in your country.
The TOTAL Startupper of the Year Challenge
This year, a Top Female Entrepreneur category has been introduced. During the first The Total Startupper of the Year Challenge, women accounted for almost 25% of the winners, even though they only made up 13% of the applicants. With this special award this year, we hope to give the women entrepreneurs an extra push to take part. It is also aligned with other Total initiatives for women.
Tell Total how your project will help more and more people over time, at home or even abroad. Tell them how it empowers people, improves living conditions, and contributes to overall economic well-being.
Anyone can change the world, teenagers or graduates, men or women. As long as you believe in your project and want to make things better, take this opportunity to participate. You could be the next Startupper of the Year or the Top Female Entrepreneur!
- Age; The project or business owner must not be more than 35 years old.
- Nationality; The participant must be a citizen of the country where he/she participates.
- Project age; The project can be an idea or a start-up created within the last two years.
- Social and community impact; The project should offer a practical way of addressing a public health, safety, education, accessibility or other issue affecting local communities.
- Innovation; Innovation isn’t necessarily revolutionary, involving something brand new or a total transformation. It can be incremental as well, improving an existing technology, product or service, or even just the way things are done.
- Potential and feasibility; Projects that demonstrate the feasibility and have the potential to benefit a broader public.
Rewards and Benefits
- 3 Winners
- Financial support
- Heightened exposure (Media, PR, networking)
- 6 Grand Regional Winners
The first-place winner from each country will then compete for one of the six “Grand Regional Winner” awards!
- Top Female Entrepreneur
- Startup for better energy
A possible partnership with the Total affiliate in the country*
How to Submit
Do you have a project you believe in? Come back in the fourth quarter of the year to participate in Total Startupper of the Year Challenge! Details on how to submit will be available in the link here.