The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2022
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is once again open to entrepreneurs from across Africa, either with new startup ideas or existing businesses of less than 3 years of existence, operating in any sector.
Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
In 2015, the Foundation launched the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, a $100 million commitment by Tony Elumelu to empower 10,000 African entrepreneurs over 10 years. Building on the Programme’s success and its unique ability to identify, mentor and fund entrepreneurs across Africa, the Foundation is increasingly sharing its robust delivery platform and working in partnership with institutions such as the United Nations Development Programme, the African Development Bank, the International Committee of the Red Cross, GIZ, and United Bank for Africa Plc, to create meaningful and permanent impact across Africa.
Thus far, the Tony Elumelu Foundation has trained, mentored, and funded over 10,898 young African entrepreneurs across all 54 African countries through its Entrepreneurship Programmes, and provides capacity-building support, advisory and market linkages to over 1million Africans through its digital networking platform, TEFConnect.
The selected beneficiaries will join our current 9,038 alumni to receive:
- Business Training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Global Networking Opportunities
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is a Pan-African programme and is open to business ideas from all the 54 African countries from which they will select the best business ideas for the programme.
To be eligible:
- Business must be based in Africa
- Business must be for-profit
- Business must be 0-5 years’ old
- Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or citizen of an African country
If your company is a partnership, only one nominated person from the business of the partnership is able to join the programme.
All applications will be judged on 5 core criteria, which are:
- Feasibility of the business idea.
- Market Opportunity: knowledge and understanding of the market, customers, and competitors for their idea/business.
- Financial Understanding: understanding of the basic financial requirements of running a business, costs, and revenues.
- Scalability: Demonstrates potential for replication and growth of their product or service to create jobs and wealth.
- Leadership Potential and Entrepreneurial Skills: Demonstrate leadership potential, capable of attracting people, customers, and resources.
How to Apply
African entrepreneurs who have a business idea or a startup of fewer than three years in existence, in any sector and any country across Africa are eligible to apply.
- You must complete an application form by answering a series of mandatory questions and uploading additional documents and identification materials.
- After submission, you will receive a confirmation email of receipt within 1 working day.
Deadline: 31st March 2022