The Online Seedstars World Competition 2020
Following the success of the Online Seedstars Summit on April 3rd, 2020, Seedstars decided to digitally redesign their events worldwide to ensure the safety of its partners and community due to COVID-19 crisis. A new format also presents an opportunity for more startups to access the competition and multiply our impact in emerging markets this year.
Seedstars World Competition 2020/21 will be held exclusively online and the call for startups is open.
The Online Seedstars World Competition
The flow of the Competition remains the same as in previous years. There will be three stages local, regional, and global (Online Seedstars Summit), where they’ll discover the name of the best startup from emerging markets who will get USD 500,000 in investment and the title of the Global Winner 2020/21.
During the 2020/21 edition, the firm plans to train 1,600 startups through the Online Seedstars Academy and select one local startup winner per city to take part in the regional level competition. The startup selected for each region will then compete at the global Grand Finale at the Online Seedstars Summit planned for April 2021.
The Online Seedstars World Competition will be accessible via Seedstars Life, a dedicated platform set up to host the regional and global events.
This year, the event will have its own theme #WeareSeedstars. Seedstars is often defined as an investor, an accelerator, an entrepreneur and a startup competition. But it goes way beyond that.
- Open to technology startups, tech-enabled startups or/and early-stage corporations;
- Your startup already has a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and initial user traction;
- No prior investment more than US$1,000,000 in funding;
- Your business must have operations based in the country/city of application
- Pitch and application submitted in EnglishMandatory attendance to the online preparatory activities of the competition
- Maintenance of active and responsive communication to the competition
All winning startups will receive:
- Online Seedstars Academy
- Access to Seedstars Mentor Network
- Local Networking & Visibility
a) Regional Stage benefits:
- Investment Readiness Training
- 1-1 Mentor & Investor Meetings
- Regional Networking & Visibility
b) Benefits for the main winner:
- A cash prize of up to $500,000 USD in equity investment
- Two-day Growth Bootcamp
- 1-1 Mentor & Investor meetings
- Global Networking & Visibility
How to Apply
Application for this completion is online, and you are required to consider the following steps.
- Apply to the nearest local competition in the ecosystem where your startup is operating.
- The Seedstars team will assess all applications using a purpose-built algorithm – the Investment Readiness Score – to evaluate the viability and suitability of your startup for the contest.
You can register to attend or apply to pitch for Seedstars by following the link below;
Deadline: 31st August 2020