The MultiChoice Talent Factory 2019 (Connecting African Creatives)
Are you looking to connect with other creatives across Africa? Register with
the MultiChoice Talent Factory today and have exclusive online access to showcase your skills and talent, connect, scout for skills and meet other creatives.
The MultiChoice Talent Factory
The MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) is a shared-value initiative that provides a platform for the creative industries to develop their talent and engage with one another through their shared passions. This initiative has a multi-tiered approach, namely;
- the MultiChoice Talent Factory Portal,
- the MultiChoice Talent Factory Academies and
- MultiChoice Talent Factory Industry Masterclasses.
The MultiChoice Talent Factory Portal is an interactive online portal profiling and connecting Africa’s film industry, bringing talent and opportunities together on one platform.
The pan-African portal was designed specifically to meet the needs of the growing African film industry and offers open access to film creatives across Africa to showcase their talent, access opportunities, stay up to date with industry news and expand their industry network across Africa and beyond.
Established just last year, the MultiChoice Talent Factory Academy is an education programme that develops emerging TV and film talent in Africa, through an accredited 12-month immersion programme including both theory and hands-on experience in cinematography, editing, audio production, and storytelling.
It is the first academy of its kind, spanning three regions and 13 countries across Africa. Sixty deserving young, talented candidates who want to work and innovate in film and television production get the opportunity to hone their skills alongside industry greats.
This year-long funded programme is offered through accredited regional MultiChoice Talent Factory Academies based in Kenya (for East Africa), Nigeria (for West Africa) and Zambia (for Southern Africa) in partnership with respected local academic institutions.
The MultiChoice Talent Factory Masterclasses are “Best in Class” workshops which are open to industry professionals and facilitated by industry experts. The Masterclasses aim to further develop the technical skills of industry creatives in cinematography, audio, and storytelling in order to improve the quality of local productions.
Since launching in January 2019, the MTF Masterclasses have enjoyed the support of international industry partners including Dolby Laboratories and FOX Portugal. To date, Multichoice has presented masterclasses in Angola, Kenya, Ghana, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Namibia, Botswana, Ethiopia, and Zambia, with more to come.
To be eligible to participate in the MultiChoice Talent Factory, applicants must:
- have experience in the film industry
- be over 18 years of age
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading, and writing
- demonstrate the passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognized tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field
How to Apply
If you are driven, committed to developing your skills and interested in participating in the MultiChoice Talent Factory and meet the eligibility criteria, then click here to register.
Deadline: To be communicated soon