The Millennium Fellowship Program 2020
The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN proudly present the Millennium Fellowship. The Fellowship is a semester-long leadership development program on your campus to take your social impact to the next level. Access to world-class training, connections, and recognition is just an application away.
The United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) is an initiative that aligns institutions of higher education with the United Nations in supporting and contributing to the realization of United Nations goals and mandates, including the promotion and protection of human rights, access to education, sustainability and conflict resolution.
Millennium Campus Network (MCN), Inc., is a global student network advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. MCN programs convene, challenge, and celebrate student leadership for social impact.
The Millennium Fellowship
This program convenes, challenges, and celebrates bold student leadership advancing the Sustainable Development Goals on campus and in communities. The program comprises of 6000+ Alumni from over 300 universities in 50+ countries with 75% Alumni now working in social impact careers.
As a Millennium Fellow, you will hone skills, take concrete action, and earn a certificate of recognition from United Nations Academic Impact and MCN. There is no cost for selected students.
The Millennium Fellowship allows students to;
- Convene; As part of a cohort of 8-20+ Millennium Fellows on your campus, convene to learn from and challenge each other.
- Challenge; Develop a plan of action for your sessions together. Meet to exchange best practices. And you could think bigger: organizing a campus-wide sustainability initiative or more.
- Celebrate; When your Fellowship Campus meets the goals you made for yourselves, you will earn a certificate of recognition from United Nations Academic Impact and Millennium Campus Network.
- You must be at least 18 years old, an undergraduate enrolled in a college or university, and in good standing at that academic institution for the duration of the program.
- You make a commitment to convene in-person least eight times during the Millennium Fellowship (for 2020 the program will run August-December) with your Campus Directors and other Fellows on your campus to share best practices and take collective action. Students have to meet on-campus, in-person for the Fellowship sessions. If you miss sessions, this is grounds for expulsion and the forfeiture of your designation as a Millennium Fellow.
How to Apply
Fill out the first round of the Millennium Fellowship Class of 2020 application by following the link below;
The program will take place on selected campuses worldwide from August 2020 to December 2020 to coincide with the 75th anniversary of the United Nations. Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis and eligible students will proceed to the final round of the application. Please do not fill the form more than once.
Deadline: 30th April 2020