The Future of Education Program 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has created the largest disruption of education systems in history, affecting nearly 1.6 billion learners in more than 190 countries and all continents. Closures of schools and other learning spaces have impacted 94 per cent of the world’s student population, up to 99 per cent in low and lower-middle income countries.
In the face of global closures of educational institutions and the halting of non-formal training, there has been remarkable innovation in responses to support learning and teaching. But responses have also highlighted major divides, beginning with the digital one. Learning losses due to prolonged school closures mean that many educational outcomes are at risk. For a number of reasons, we cannot return to the world as it was before. Education stakeholders need to ensure that education systems are more flexible, equitable, and inclusive.
Future of Education Program
The EdTech Lab is launching a Business Development Program to provide holistic support to innovative business spearheading the Future of Education. Program Support will be designed to refine, validate and sustainably scaling ideas designed to increase access to quality education and add relevant skills for development.
- Businesses offering skills needed for employability Programs: How can we ensure they receive the support they need, prioritizing education and training and accelerating changes within the sector?
- Businesses providing measures to build back resilience and reach all learners: How can we ensure that education systems address the vulnerabilities in times of crisis?
- Support the teaching profession and teachers’ readiness: How can we strengthen systems of support for teachers, facilitators, and parents/caregivers in the successful and safe use of technology for learning?
- Institutions, Businesses and Early-Stage Startups in Uganda
- Product/Service already in the community with evidence of customers.
- Have a solution that prioritizes increasing access to people in remote areas.
- Have an economically viable business model.
- Demonstrate a strong promise of building a sustainable and impactful business.
- Diverse and Focused Leadership team with at least one team member with strong sector expertise.
- Have a solution that is practical and easily implementable thereby positively impacting the lives of the youth.
- Advisor Sessions: Businesses can seek advice from advisors within the industry.
- Office Hours: Includes feedback on the product and better understanding sector issues.
- Mentorship Sessions: We have a strong network of mentors who provide advice on topics such as: marketing, scaling, legal issues, business strategy and pitching to partners.
- Executive Networking: Startups will get exposure to corporate partners (and vice versa) through networking events.
- Join our Panel Discussion; On a Future of Education series with industry experts.
- Potential Partnership Opportunities: A chance to meet with Partners looking to drive the Future of Education, potentially develop a Proof of concept (POC) and establish a relationship to strategically support the goals of the business.
Future of Education will be a highly selective and intensive 8-weeks program for Uganda’s most promising education entrepreneurs, receiving expert guidance on how to navigate the education landscape and scale their solutions via mentorship, peer learning and expert feedback and guidance from the team and implementing partners.
How to Apply
Are you reimagining education and accelerating positive change in learning?
Deadline: 27th October 2020