The Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2021
Ecobank is challenging Africa’s new generation of entrepreneurs to find lasting solutions to the continent’s most pressing banking issues. Applications for this year’s Ecobank Fintech Challenge are now open!
Ecobank, whose official name is Ecobank Transnational Inc., is a pan-African banking conglomerate, with banking operations in 36 African countries. It is the leading independent regional banking group in West Africa and Central Africa, serving wholesale and retail customers.
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent. Interested Fintechs can apply by sending details of their product as well as a demo here. These products must address one or more of a specific set of pain points which can be found here.
The selected finalists participate in the Ecobank Fintech Innovation Fair, with the top 3 finalists winning cash prizes. All finalists are inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, which affords them the opportunity to explore deals, integration and commercial partnership with the Ecobank Group.
- Multinational Product Roll Out: Once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa.
- Competition Cash Prizes: The top three winners at the Challenge will be awarded $15,000, $12,000 and $10,000 cash prizes respectively.
- Service Provider Partnerships: Start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as a local country-level partner in any of Ecobank’s 33 country ecosystems.
- Access To Ecobank’s Pan-African Banking Sandbox: Fellows will be given access to a dedicated team to support the Ecobank’s APIs test to enable them to improve their products for the pan-African market.
- Access To Partner Network: Founders will be inducted as Ecobank Fintech Fellows, granting them access and relationships to a vast network of global and African Accelerators and potential Investors as well as mentors.
- Integration With Existing Ecobank Digital Offerings: The Challenge offers opportunities for Fintechs to potentially integrate with Ecobank’s existing digital offerings. The existing digital offerings include Ecobank Omni, Ecobank electronic financial supply chain(eFSC), Ecobank Xpress, Ecobank Mobile APP or USSD, MasterPass™ QR, mVISA™ & mCash, etc. You can learn more about these platforms HERE. We’d like applicants to pitch us how their solutions can add value to these existing Ecobank digital offerings.
How to Apply
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent. Interested Fintechs can apply by sending details of their product as well as a demo to the link below;
Deadline: 20th September 2021