The Compact Youth Fund 2020
The Youth Fund is a new fund to support youth action around the world, where the decisions on which projects are funded are made by young people themselves.
The fund is supported by the UN Major Group for Children and Youth, ActionAid Denmark, Restless Development and developed in collaboration with UNFPA.
This first call for applications will focus on supporting actions taken by registered youth-led organisations tackling the impacts of COVID-19 as part of the Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Action’s Youth Compact Champions Programme.
- Youth-led organisation: You must be a registered youth-led organisation (young leaders aged approximately 18-35). Your registration can be with your relevant local authority or a government ministry. Funding will not be provided to individuals.
- Existing COVID-19 project: Your COVID-19 project must be an ongoing initiative in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and operating in accordance with WHO’s guidance. This funding will not support new projects.
- Timeline: The project activities must not exceed 2 months. All activities must be completed by 31st November 2020 upon receipt of funds.
- Budget: The maximum funding that will be provided for each project will be US$ 5,000. However, we will review applications of all amounts up to US$ 5,000 in an effort to support as many organisations as possible for maximum impact, while still ensuring the quality of support provided by The Youth Fund team during the implementation and reporting phase.
- Target groups: We will prioritise projects which will use the funds to support groups and communities particularly vulnerable to the impact of COVID-19 including but not limited to displaced or conflict-affected people, women, youth, persons living with disabilities, older people, LGBTI+ community, marginalised ethnic or religious communities, communities impact by climate change, young people living with or affected by HIV/Aids.
- Target locations: Preference will be given to projects taking place in harder to reach locations where support to tackle the impact of COVID-19 is less available.
- Collaboration: Preference will be given to projects which demonstrate collaboration with other partners (local authorities, government ministries, civil society, the media) tackling COVID-19.
- Impact: Preference will be given to projects that impact at least 300 people directly.
- Financial management: We will prioritize organisations who can provide financial reports for their organisation’s previous projects.
- Organisation Bank Account: All organisations submitting an application must have a bank account that is in the name of the organisation submitting the application and requesting the funds. Funds cannot be transferred to a bank account in an individual’s name. Funds can only be transferred via an international bank transfer and not via any other means such as Western Union, mobile cash transfer, cheque, cash payment etc.
How to Apply
Fill and submit the form by the deadline: This includes a request to submit the following information under the “Supporting Documents” section:
- Documentation to verify the legal status of your organisation
- Governance Document: You should provide us with information on your
organisation, objectives, leadership/governance structure
- Policy and Strategy Documents: If available, sets out the organisation’s
commitments and regulations which the organisation follows and it’s strategic vision. For example, Anti-Corruption and Fraud policy, Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation or a 3 years strategic plan.
- Project Plan: Sets out the background, objective, operations, the methodology and activity plan of your COVID-19 project.
- Budget – You should have a clear plan of how you would use our funds to support your project
- Financial Report: Your latest financial report which was submitted to your government, or the authority you are registered with, as part of your annual reporting process. If this is not available please submit an equivalent financial report showing your most recent income and expenditure.
- Contact details for at least 1 reference
- Images/Video Link which highlights your organisation’s project impact to date
- Organisational bank details
Deadline: 16th August 2020
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.