The AfCFTA Innovation Challenge
The AfCFTA innovation challenge engages young people to develop and curate policy ideas for the implementation of the Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
The objective of the AfCFTA challenge is to;
- To identify and disseminate innovative ideas, solutions and actions which will maximize the benefits of the AfCFTA, especially for women and youth
- To enhance capacity of young Africans for policy development and implementation
- To integrate young Africans into AfCFTA policy making processes
- Applicants must hold the nationality of one of the 55 member states of the AU
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 – 35. We strongly encourage submissions from female applicants
- Engaged in policy/trade development or interested in building experience in policy/trade development
- Development of an AfCFTA implementation plan for a country or regional economic community, with mentorship from leading trade experts, industry captains, trade negotiators.
- Masterclass on ‘maximizing opportunities in the AfCFTA’ led by senior policy officials and leading youth entrepreneurs
- Online publication and presentation of the AfCFTA Implementation Plan to high-level policy officials
How to Apply
Application submissions will be online in English or French through
- Applicants will respond to only one essay question policy question on the AfCFTA
- Submissions must be 250 to 300 words, Font Arial, 11, 1.5 spacing, justified margins.
- Attachments should be labelled properly indicating the name of the applicant and the question answered
Deadline: 23rd November 2020