The Technovation Challenge 2020 (For Girls Worldwide)
Every year, Technovation invites teams of girls from all over the world to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
Technovation is a global tech education nonprofit that empowers girls and families to become leaders, creators and problem-solvers. They offer two programs; Technovation Girls and Technovation Families which bring kids and adults together to solve big problems in their communities.
Since 2010, more than 23,000 girls from 100+ countries have participated in Technovation Girls. With the help of volunteer mentors, they’ve produced mobile app startups that have helped address problems in local and global communities the world over. And while each year more and more girls take up the challenge, we know that there are always more problems to solve … and that there are girls from every part of the world ready to solve them.
Working in teams (of 1 to 5), girls find a problem in their community and build a mobile app to help solve it. Along the way, they develop their collaboration, problem-solving, and leadership skills. Technovation Girls will take 30+ hours to complete (they recommend allocated about 12 weeks to finish) and is completely free.
The winning teams are awarded a $10,000 prize & a fully-funded trip to San Francisco, USA.
Any girl or young woman (ages 10-18) interested in Technovation Girls is eligible to compete.
To join our competition, a girl must create or join a team on the online platform, have a parent/guardian sign the consent form and meet the following student participation criteria:
- All students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2020.
- All students must identify as female. No males can enter the competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team.
- Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
- Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18
- Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years.
- Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
How to Apply
Ready to change the world? Follow the link below to get started;
Deadline: 16th March 2020