The 4040 Internship Program 2020 (For Young Volunteers in Uganda)
Applications for the annual 4040 Internship Program are now open. Apply now for a chance to help make a difference in the community.
40 Days Over 40 Smiles Foundation (4040) is a Kampala based independent, youth-led, charity organization committed to helping vulnerable children and communities to access quality, all-round education support and entrepreneurial training aimed at self-sustainability.
The 4040 Internship Program
The 4040 Internship Program is a one-year volunteer program held at 40days over 40 smiles where students participate in the Angaza School Program (facilitating learning sessions with the children); Community Angaza (Implement community education programs for out of school children); setting up children’s Learning Centres, and managing fundraising events. Additionally, to enable personal and professional development, these students work in different departments of the organisation.
Positions are available in the Angaza Literacy Program and the following departments;
- Angaza Literacy Program (Position brief)
- Finance and Administration (Position brief)
- Events and Fundraising (Position brief)
- Marketing and Partnerships (Position brief)
- Communications departments (Position brief)
- As an intern, you will receive training in areas of education, community service, leadership and fundraising.
- 4040 will organise master classes and hangouts for interns to support personal and career development.
- Interns will also be assigned mentors on merit.
- Interns will enjoy the wide network of 4040, both during and after the internship.
- Open to anyone with interest in volunteerism, education, community service and leadership
- Third Year University students are especially encouraged to apply
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with volunteer experience
- Must be committed to the program for a year (Please note that although the program runs for a year, it doesn’t require day to day work for the whole duration. Interns will be expected to continue with their other personal and professional commitments)
- Must be available on Fridays and Saturdays – as committed to
- Should be open to working in the field/out of office
- Should be living in or around Kampala
- Should be available for the internship training slated for January 2020
How to Apply
For more information on the internship program, call 0776840407 / 0757140407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 31st December 2019