The Social & Inclusive Business Camp 2020
Since its first edition in 2017, the Social & Inclusive Business Camp has supported nearly 150 entrepreneurs with a strong societal impact in Africa in their transition to scale-up, in the measurement of their social performance and in their preparation for fundraising.
The Social & Inclusive Business Camp
The SIBC is once again committed to working alongside entrepreneurs in order to strengthen their growth and resilience capacities in the face of an unprecedented economic and health crisis. This 4th edition, still focusing on social innovations, will highlight the themes of environmental responsibility and technical innovations to serve the most vulnerable through e-health or Edtech in particular.
Building the entrepreneurial community is a key issue in the emergence of a more resilient and collaborative world, and the SIBC Alumni community will be widely invited to join this edition. The SIBC wishes to strengthen its commitment to the change-makers of the continent, equipping them to deal with the consequences of future crises.
The SIBC is committed first and foremost to supporting young entrepreneurs in this time of crisis by providing them with the necessary management and reflection tools. Each entrepreneur who validates their application will thus have access to a Covid-19 business survival toolkit developed with AMI, a partner of the SIBC. They will be able to interact during a collaborative webinar, to access management tools on the AMI platform for 2 months and thus join a community of highly skilled peers to support them during this uncertain period.
The Social & Inclusive Business Camp is a blended-learning support program which includes:
- 4 months of remote coaching on a dedicated online platform offering training courses and interactive virtual classes hosted by international mentors
- 1 tailored mentoring program for each entrepreneur
- 1 week of intensive boot camp in Marseille in partnership with the EMERGING Valley Summit
- Being part of an active and ambitious international community
Key learning units
- Leadership: defining better your purpose and mission, structuring your governance, and organizing your teams for successful growth
- Scale-up: adapting your business model and building your scale-up strategy to maximize your impact and create a worldwide network of partners and growth drivers
- Investment Readiness: identifying your financing needs, understanding investor expectations, and preparing to raise funds
- Impact: measuring your social impact, with regard to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Be a legally registered social enterprise with a minimum of 3 years of activity and a turnover
- Provide evidence of a positive societal impact in Africa and an innovative approach
- Provide evidence of a balanced business model or a medium-term profitability objective
- Provide a strategy for scaling up, including a reflection on governance and leadership
The following will not be eligible:
- Individual applications
- Non-profit organisations without a business model or profitability objective
- Public and para-public bodies
How to Apply
The application is composed of:
- An application form to be completed (questions on the project leader, the company, its structure, its impact and its strategy for scaling up)
- Proof of the legal registration of the company (registration document, articles of association, etc.)
- Financial statements for the last 3 years
- Detailed CV of the project leader
Deadline: 15th July 2020