The Social Impact Entrepreneurship Workshop (How to Launch a Startup)
The Social Impact Entrepreneurship Workshop is the first among many series to come of Makerere University Business School’s new Business, Resilience, Innovation, and Leadership (BRIL) programme that will focus on what it takes to ‘Launch Your Startup in Uganda.’
Located on plot M118, Port Bell Rd in Nakawa, Makerere University Business School (MUBS) is the school of business of Makerere University, Uganda’s oldest university. MUBS provides business and management education at the certificate, diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The Social Impact Entrepreneurship Workshop
Makerere University Business School (MUBS) in partnership with
MUB’s new Business, Resilience, Innovation, and Leadership (BRIL) programme will engage panelist’s from financial to medical technology, education & social protection, and renewable energy.
This workshop will include a variety of startup panels with several representatives from local Ugandan startups on each of the following topics:
- Education & Social Protection
- Renewable Energy / Environmental
The workshop seeks to benefit the attending University students in the following ways:
- Learn from the challenges and success stories told by peers
- Engage in this interactive workshop to learn more about business startups, innovation, and resilience.
- Network with partners working in development and humanitarian aid sectors.
- Discuss social impact entrepreneurship in Uganda, the idea of using business to solve major social, health and environmental problems.
Event Date and Location
The Social Impact Entrepreneurship workshop will be held at Makerere University Business School ADB Hall and will run from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (EAT) on 1st April, 2019.
Entrance is absolutely FREE to all.