Skills Development Fund 2018 (Northern Uganda & Kiryandongo)
To address the challenge of Business, Technical, Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) financing, Enabel is piloting a Skills Development Fund (SDF) in Albertine & Rwenzori, Northern Uganda, and Karamoja region. While World Bank through Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) is supporting a Skills Development Facility countrywide.
This Call for Proposals for the Skills Development Fund (SDF) is part of the Support to Skilling Uganda Strategy (SSU) project. The SSU intervention is jointly implemented by Belgium Development Agency (Enabel) and the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) with the support of the Belgian Government, European Union Emergency Trust Fund, and Irish Aid.
The Skills Development Fund focuses on supporting relevant training programmes to develop labour market relevant skills by the local economy, green economy, livelihood and income-generating activities will be supported.
Skills Development Fund Programmes must;
- Support training activities and enabling environment for short-term and long-term relevant skills required by the local economy, ranging from non-skilled to semi and skilled.
- Comprise programmes directed towards technical skills required in the labour market that should not exceed nine months, focusing on practical skills.
- Expand/Improve existing programmes or development and delivery of new programmes.
The technical skills required will be base on the labour market demand for emerging economic activities in and around refugee settlements, host districts and also refugees’ country of origin.
The target group for the Skills Development Fund programme includes youth (aged 15-35 years), women and girls of whom 70% should be refugees and 30% from host communities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Skills Development Fund are invited to attend the workshops below. Due to limited space, applicants are advised to confirm their attendance by sending their details and organization details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information sessions on this the Skills Development Fund call will be held as follows;
|7/8/2018||Kiryandongo||9 AM-1 PM||Max Hotel – Kigumba|
|8/8/2018||Arua||9 AM-1 PM||White Castle Hotel|
|9/8/2018||Yumbe||9 AM-1 PM||Premier Hotel|
|10/8/2018||Adjumani||9 AM-1 PM||Zawadi Hotel|
Following the guidelines, the applicants will submit the application documents before the set deadline. A complete application will contain;
- A detailed project description in accordance with the Call for Proposal guidelines using a provided format
- All other documents or attachments relevant to the proposal
- The financial proposal of the intervention
Completed applications shall be addressed to The Project Coordinator or Co-Coordinator SSU Project and submitted to the SSU project offices in Kampala or in the field as hard copies.
Download the Call for Proposals here
Deadline: 7th September 2018