The SheTrades Invest Program 2019 (For Young Women Entrepreneurs)
The International Trade Centre (ITC) is pleased to announce a new call for women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses to apply to join SheTrades Invest for an opportunity to receive training and ultimately finance to grow their businesses.
The International Trade Centre (ITC) is the only development agency that is fully dedicated to supporting the internationalization of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The agency enables SMEs in developing and transition economies to become more competitive and connect to international markets for trade and investment, thus raising incomes and creating job opportunities, especially for women, young people, and poor communities.
SheTrades Invest Program 2019
Under the umbrella of the SheTrades Initiative, SheTrades Invest is dedicated to supporting fruitful relationships between investors and women entrepreneurs in developing markets. In doing so, SheTrades Invest addresses the sixth global action of the SheTrades initiative, unlocking financial services for women-owned businesses.
SheTrades Invest Program 2019 will:
- Strengthen the financial and managerial capacity of women entrepreneurs, improve their investment readiness, and connect them to impact investors and financiers
- Build a pipeline for investors of women-owned businesses and SMEs that are benefitting women.
The enterprise must comply with at least one of the three criteria below:
- Be at least 51% owned by woman/women;
- Be at least 20% owned by woman/women, has at least one woman as CEO/COO/President/Vice President; and has at least 30% of the board of directors composed of women, where a board exists; or
- Be an SME benefitting women.
Your company would preferably be operating in one of the following sectors: agriculture; artisan; culture; education; energy; environment; financial services; health; housing development; information and communication technologies; Infrastructure and facilities development; manufacturing; supply-chain services; technical assistance services; textile and clothing; tourism; transport and logistics; and water.
- Access to a range of local, regional and global investors and impact investors.
- Access to capacity-building/technical assistance from ITC.
- Increased level of competitiveness and a deeper understanding of business practices, trade and investment.
How to Apply
Women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses interested in joining SheTrades Invest are requested to click the link below to apply;
Disclaimer: By filling out the SheTrades Invest survey, you are agreeing to share your data with the International Trade Centre and investment partners.
Deadline: 30th September 2019