Serve Uganda Initiative’s Volunteer Program for Young People
Serve Uganda Initiative (SUI) is a movement of young educated volunteers working in rural communities to unleash community capacity and promote citizen engagement. In so doing, they address opportunities, solve problems and strengthen community responses.
By bringing youth together through volunteering, they are able to develop a sense of responsibility, share knowledge, skills, aspirations, creativity, and learning. They will also be empowered as key actors in building a prosperous and peaceful Uganda, free from chronic poverty.
Serve Uganda Initiative’s Volunteer Program
As a Serve Uganda Initiative youth volunteer, you can play a pivotal role in Uganda’s transformative development agenda.
To become a transformational community leader before starting your volunteering journey, you will receive a 4-week intensive residential orientation and training in leadership and governance, community entry skills for community development, soft skills related to communication, critical thinking, creativity, collaboration among others, as well as training in business and entrepreneurship skills. In addition to pre-assignment training, mentors provide ongoing training and support to keep the volunteers acquainted with information needed for communities to flourish.
- Serve Uganda Initiative aims to recruit highly motivated, open-minded and committed university/college graduates and professionals from a variety of disciplines and with interest in social development.
- They seek out youth volunteers who set out to become community leaders as well as community changers through love, interest and passion and commitment to the work without expecting any financial or material rewards.
- Serve Uganda Initiative is looking for Uganda’s most promising future leaders who are willing to serve for at least 6 months after their training, and they can always commit to the program for a longer time if they want to.
The youth volunteers, with their knowledge and ability to self-organize, can help expand and mobilize constituencies, and engage people in national planning and implementation of the sustainable development goals, by doing the following:
- Working with community members as advocates of social justice and inclusion through public awareness programs that raise the public’s level of understanding about human rights, government policies, accountability issues and development issues.
- Working towards better health and hygiene by helping people in their communities to change their everyday habits that matter to health.
- Improving the quality of teaching to children in rural communities in Uganda, where there is lack of qualified teachers and over 70% dropout rates.
- Working with community members to identify employment and income generating opportunities at the community level, train people in income generating activities and business management skills in partnership with local public and private training providers; and provide the necessary post-training support, for example, facilitating access to markets and credit.
How to Apply
To apply as a Serve Uganda Initiative volunteer, you must complete the Registration Form in the link below. After you register, you will receive an email with the actual Application Form.
Click Here to Register
For more information send an email to email@example.com