The Sema Stori Filmmakers Grant 2019 (USD13,000)
Through the Sema Stori Filmmakers Grant, Docubox is seeking 10 fine filmmakers who are change makers, working collaboratively with local communities, to join them in authoring ten amazing short documentary films in your own unique voices.
Docubox exists to enable talented, driven, focused and accountable East African artists to produce unique films that unearth new realities and cross trans-national boundaries. Through training, development and production grants, screenings for people who love documentary films, they promote East African filmmakers and share their unique stories with the world through creative documentary.
The Sema Stori Filmmakers Grant
Under the Sema Stori Filmmakers Grant, world-class mentors will be at hand to actively guide, support and critique each eligible production submitted.
All the successful films will be granted £10,000 of funding and be part of workshops and mentorships to help turn your ideas into great films and set you off to a super-charged start.
The films for the Sema Stori Filmmakers Grant will be based on;
- Mental Health,
- Early Childhood Development,
- Gender Justice,
- and the Right to Safe Secure Shelter and Settlement.
The Sema Stori Filmmakers Grant is open to Kenyan, Tanzanian, Rwandan and Ugandan filmmakers of any age, with work sample(s) of a previous film(s) done.
- A five-minute video speaking to Docubox about this, as well as any film ideas you might have.
- Links to any factual work you have done that show why you should be selected.
- Any concepts or ideas you have and any trailers or scene selects from ongoing work around any of these four issue areas.
- Two typed pages on your ongoing ﬁlm project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the grant can follow the link below to apply
Deadline: 3rd May 2019