The School of African Microfinance 2018 by Mastercard Foundation
The MasterCard Foundation Microfinance Scholars Program in collaboration with the School of African Microfinance is offering scholarship opportunities to outstanding individuals active in financial inclusion to attend SAM 2018.
The School of African Microfinance (SAM) is an annual two-week training designed to expand the collective capabilities of institutions by building individual knowledge and skills to achieve strategic goals; to achieve High Performance that creates sustainable value. The SAM training, with up to 14 courses to choose from, is singularly focused on delivering the knowledge, skills, and capabilities that ensure institutions have market-focused strategies; execute flawlessly – delivering appropriate products and services; and have the culture, structure, and talent to perform.
The School of African Microfinance (SAM) brings together more than 100 middle level and senior microfinance managers, consultants, central bankers, micro-bankers from MFIs, banks, cooperatives & credit unions, donors & program staff with a desire to perform at a higher level. Participants come from more than 20 different countries, but mainly East and Southern Africa, English speaking West Africa and the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. This makes for unrivaled interaction both in and out of class.
Eligibility for School of African Microfinance
- Applicants should be from Africa
- Applicants should demonstrate a passion to make a greater impact;
- Past scholars are not eligible to apply.
In addition, candidates should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be in management and/or leadership levels in microfinance institutions or banks with more than seven years industry experience;
- Microfinance Consultants who have in the past provided implementation support to financial institutions and are keen to increase their overall technical skills base.
- Individuals from the financial institutions that apply different models in their service delivery e.g. savings and credit cooperatives.
How to Apply
- Click HERE to open the School of African Microfinance (SAM) 2018 application form
- Complete the form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. You will receive a response confirming your acceptance to SAM. This confirmation email comes with an admission letter and an invoice to facilitate your payment. At this stage, you have reserved a place at SAM.
- Upon receipt of your course payment, we will advise you to make your course selection. (see course enrollment here)
- Your course selection will be confirmed.
Deadline: 30th June 2018