The Refactory Catalyst Course Program 2020 (September Intake)
Do you want a job in tech? Start by getting the skills the tech industry is asking for, and learn how to become a great software developer through the Refactory catalyst course program.
Refactory is a tech program founded by Clarke International University, Laboremus Uganda and Fontes Foundation in 2019 as a means to bridging the gap between education and the private sector. The collaboration is supported by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) and the Microsoft App Factory Program.
The Refactory Catalyst Course
Tech companies in Uganda are struggling to hire developers who have the competence the industry demands. Refactory was created by and for the industry to fill this “skill gap”.
This Refactory catalyst course gives you an intensive introduction to tech. You will learn both the technical and non-technical skills required to meet the demands of a tech industry that competes globally. The technical modules are designed together with ICT companies and follow industry standards and best practice methods.
This Refactory program consists of the following 3 steps;
- Step 1: Catalyst Course
A focused three-month program that includes training in leadership, critical thinking, IT project management, as well as introductions to different technologies.
- Step 2: Bootcamp
A six-month boot camp, where a key component is practical learning through projects with industry partners.
- Step 3: Get hired!
Refactory helps students enter the tech industry the way they want, either as employees or entrepreneurs.
- Have demonstrable passion in software development
- Exhibits of personal or pet projects involving software development
- A bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
How to Apply
This application will take you up to 30 minutes to complete. You will not be able to save, edit or return to the application later, once you start.
You need the following to complete your application:
- A computer (we don’t recommend filling the form out on a smartphone)
- A stable internet connection
- Details of 1 or 2 achievements you have executed or achieved in the past. This can be a project or product you built, an award you’ve received, a certification, or a fellowship. Please prepare a description (150 words or less), year of achievement, your personal contribution (150 words or less) and a reference person for your achievement.
- A screenshot/PDF of your results from this personality test.
- Upload a 1-2-minute video to YouTube, describing who you are, a subject you are passionate about and how you hope Refactory will help you towards achieving your goal.
Deadline: 29th August 2020