Pitch AgriHack 2019 (For Young e-Agriculture Entrepreneurs)
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA), in partnership with the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), the OCP Group, GreenTec Capital Africa Foundation, GreenTec Capital Africa, and with the contribution of the World Bank, FAO, and other partners launched the Pitch AgriHack 2019.
Now in its fourth year, Pitch AgriHack is an initiative that supports ICT4Ag entrepreneurs through capacity building and funding to accelerate youth employment and agricultural transformation.
The aim of Pitch AgriHack is to support the growth of business services offered by young e-agriculture startups as well as to contribute to accelerating the adoption of innovations for stronger productivity in the agrifood sector.
- Pitch AgriHack is open to both male and female founders and co-founders of startups offering digital services to the agricultural sector.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 35 years old.
- Applicants need to be nationals and residents of any African country (Central Africa, Eastern Africa, North Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa) and national and residents of Caribbean and Pacific signatories of the Cotonou agreement of EU and ACP countries.
- Up to €15,000 will be awarded to seven start-ups in different categories including three new special prize categories: data analytics services, public choice, and the Greentec Prize.
- Apart from the cash grant, winners will receive additional benefits (capacity building, business matchmaking, facilitation of access to investment, promotion, etc.).
How to Apply:
Interested startups will provide details on problems addressed, the technical solution proposed, key metrics, customer segments targeted, unique value proposition compared with the competition, revenue streams, and other business strategy elements. They will also demonstrate that they are incorporated or that they will close the process a month before the final.
To apply for Pitch AgriHack, follow the link below;
Deadline: 24th May 2019