The 12th URA Open Minds Forum (Skilling Young People in Uganda)
The 12th URA Open Minds Forum is here. The annual Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Open Minds Forum focuses on skilling Uganda’s youth with financial discipline and a mindset for business success.
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) is a government revenue collection agency established by the Parliament of Uganda. Operating under the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, the URA is responsible for enforcing, assessing, collecting, and accounting for the various taxes imposed in Uganda.
The 12th URA Open Minds Forum
The goal of the Open Minds Forum is to inspire and empower youth to do business in a professional manner and for sustainability. This year’s Open Minds Forum will focus on providing a platform for fostering financial discipline and business skilling as well as provide an opportunity to the youth attending to share and learn from youth entrepreneurs who have successfully made it.
The panel discussions at this year’s Open Minds Forum will be conducted by successful youth entrepreneurs from various strands of life and professions. The objective of these discussions will be to articulate the fundamentals that can support and sustain a business. The panelists include Ms. Ruth Matovu Biyinzika (Skilling Uganda, PSFU), Mr. James Abola (Team leader, Akamai Global ) Financial Management, Lillian Katiso (Director of Finance and Training – Zaddock Associates Ltd) Financial Management, Niyitegeka Michael (ICDL Africa Country Manager, Uganda) IT Ethan Mussolini (CEO, Success Africa)
The forum will also be graced by Hon. Florence Nakiwala Kiyingi (Minister of State for Youth and Children Affairs) as the Guest of Honor and Ms. Doris Akol (Commissioner General URA) as the Key Note address speaker.
Some of the objectives of the open minds forum include;
- To provide a platform for business skilling for Youth Entrepreneurs
- To provide a platform for sharing experiences and information on key practices for business success
- To cultivate an enterprise development culture among the youths
- To create a network for youth entrepreneurs adept with business resilience
- To emphasize the practice of embracing financial discipline for business success
The Open Minds Forum by Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) is open to the following target audience;
- Youth in active formal and informal employment
- Youth in higher institutions of learning
- Unemployed youth and recent graduates
- Youth in self-employment
- Youth innovators
- Youth groups and cooperatives
Dates and Venue
Entrance for the Open Minds Forum is free and will take place at UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo, located in Nakawa.
It will be a 1-day event running from 9am to 3pm on 12th of July 2018.