The National ICT Initiatives Support Programme 2019
The Government of Uganda recently designed the National ICT Initiatives Support Programme (NIISP) to facilitate the creation of an ICT Innovation ecosystem and marketplace for Ugandan innovative digital products.
National ICT Initiatives Support Programme (NIISP)
The National ICT Initiatives Support Programme (NIISP) will tackle bottlenecks to creating a digital ecosystem by promoting the development and deployment of applications to create an open ecosystem in Uganda that shall enable the government, companies, and individuals to innovate and reach new markets.
The program shall:
- Encourage innovation by providing opportunities to create applications to support service delivery;
- Generate highly skilled jobs and wealth for individuals and companies that create applications for both government and the private sector; and
- Improve the use of government data for ICT innovation and application development.
The National ICT Initiatives Support Programme (NIISP) shall champion the creation of the ICT Innovation ecosystem to facilitate the growth and development of the software applications and innovations industry. The NIISP will focus on encouraging the creation of easy to consume and highly marketable digital products.
- To provide systematic and sustainable support to national ICT innovators
- To promote ICT products, services, and solutions for improved service delivery as part of a wider digital ecosystem.
- To establish and operationalize ICT innovation parks.
- To promote local electronics manufacturing and assembly.
Eligible ICT Sectors
Priority Sectors for this call include but not limited to the following:
- Education Management Information Systems
- Business Process Tracking
- Human Resource Management
- Hospital Management
- Essential commodities and Medical equipment Management
- Live Stock Management
- Monitoring Operations Wealth Creation
- Weather Management
4. Public Sector Management
- Human Capital Management
- Border Control and Management
- Public Asset Management
5. Any other ICT Innovations or Applications
The eligibility criteria include:
- The applicants must be working in teams.
- The proposed ICT innovation/ application should have demonstrable market potential with a sustainability model
- Youth and women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the National ICT Initiatives Support Programme (NIISP) should follow the link below to signup and apply.
For more information, Contact Bagiire Vincent Waiswa, the Permanent Secretary via email@example.com.
Deadline: 24th January 2019