The Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Program 2019
Are you a promising new startup in East Africa looking for a chance to pitch to investors? Now is your chance to apply and pitch at the annual Nairobi Innovation Week (NIW).
The Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Program
The Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Program is a platform for discovering and showcasing the most promising new startups in the East African region. The startup program seeks to attract the best investors to initiate funding conversations with startups. The Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Program is easily the best part of the annual Nairobi Innovation Week (
The Nairobi Innovation Week (NIW) 2019
During this year’s
Eligible startups are set to scale, network, get discovered by investors, partners, customers, mentors and the media. The startups will also learn from some of the best coaches and mentors available.
The select thematic areas for this year’s NIW year are:
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Health and Life Sciences
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Innovative Housing
- Cleantech and Renewable Energy
- Education and Employability
- Governance and Civic Tech
- Transport and Logistics
- eCommerce and Business Services
- Gaming and Entertainment
- Hardware Innovations
- Startups in early stage and growth stage are eligible.
- Participating startups are expected to complete creating and updating their profiles and those of their team members.
- Have at least one founder who is a citizen of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, South Sudan, or Burundi
- Have its primary customer segments in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda Ethiopia, South Sudan or Burundi
- Have at least two team members linked to their online startup profile
Please note: Startups with existing profiles on the NIW
For purposes of being among the 30 pitches, organizers of the sectoral/thematic tracks will choose the 6 startups ranked highest by judges that demonstrate relevance to the sector from the information in their online profile.
How to Apply
If you are eligible based on the above details, follow the link below and register to join the Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Program.
Deadline: 5th April 2019