The MTN Youth Skilling Program 2021
The MTN Foundation has launched a youth skilling program aimed at equipping the youth with the right practical knowledge and skills that will enable them to provide innovative ICT solutions to solve community problems amidst the evolving digital world.
The MTN Youth Skilling Program
The MTN Youth Skilling Program will focus on skills that will drive co-creation of innovative digital products and solutions to solve Uganda’s biggest problems in Education, Youth Empowerment, Health and Agriculture. It will be implemented in partnership with Ubunifu systems, software development and ICT innovation firm.
How it works
- A call for application will be put out via MTN digital channels and100 successful applicants will be selected to join the program for each cycle.
- The chosen 100 will be paid for to study and acquire the International Computer Driver’s License (ICDL) certificate and only those that will have successfully acquired this certificate will proceed to the next level.
- The next level will bring the successful candidates together into a 10-week session that will provide hands-on training in technical and business skills that will support them identify and define community challenges in the areas of Education, Agriculture, Health and Youth Empowerment.
- The most successful ideas/ solutions to the identified problems will be escalated to the MTN Incubation program where they will receive mentorship and support to deliver a public good ICT solution designed for their community.
This MTN Youth Skilling Program is for young innovators, youth employed in SMEs, University graduates and youth who are interested in technology for the improvement of their communities across Uganda.
- Age: 20 – 35 years
- Academics: Advanced level education certificate
- Photo ID: National ID
- Possess a working email address and a registered MTN SIM Card
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the MTN Youth Skilling Program are encouraged to fill the form in the link below;
Deadline: 22nd December 2020