The MTN Startup Program 2019
Applications to the long-awaited MTN Startup Program are now open to interested applicants living in Uganda.
MTN Startup Program
Along with the MTN Open API Challenge, MTN launched a Startup Program to support Early stage startups into growth as they journey to become successful startups. The MTN Startup Program is in most of the cases a Zero Equity Program, meaning that beneficiaries will not be expected to give MTN equity in return.
How it Works
- Entry to compete to benefit from the MTN Startup Program will be automatic by participating in MTN Challenges.
- MTN intends to have one or more Innovation challenges annually.
- Beneficiaries will be selected based on criteria defined by MTN and its Partners for each of the innovation challenges with the best performing being rewarded.
Benefits of MTN Startup Program
- Pre-Seed Funding: At the end of an innovation challenge, beneficiary Apps will be those that demonstrate the best potential as per the specific initiative’s judging criteria. Beneficiaries will be selected by a panel of judges.
- Performance-based funding: After Go live via MTN Mobile Money integration, beneficiary Apps for performance-based funding will be selected by MTN based on:
- The selected set of KPI, including a weighted performance of Number of users, Number of transactions and Total value of transactions.
- A presentation relevant to the business development process, e.g., Value proposition, commercial plan, B-case over 5 years.
- Beneficiaries will receive funding as one of the following: Seed Funding, Commercial Plan funding, Co-branded collaboration.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Click here to access the MTN Challenge Portal
- Step 2: Sign Up to create your account on the MTN Challenge Portal
- Step 3: Under Ongoing challenges, Select the “MTN Open API Challenge 2018”
- Step 4: Register to participate under any of the listed categories:
- Step 5: Start working on your App.
Deadline: 3rd February 2019