The Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program 2020
Are you an innovator impacting our world for the better? Whether you’re addressing skills development, sustainability or accessibility, the Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program is passionate about supporting your social venture with technology, connections and community to help your team thrive.
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
The Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program
The Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program supports social impact startups with technology, connections and grants so you can focus on bringing your big vision to life and making the world a better place.
Imagine what it would mean if communities that lack access to safe drinking water had a simple, affordable way to test their water supply for cholera, a water-borne disease that sickens 4 million people every year and causes an estimated 143,000 deaths? Or if we could skim plastic bottles, bags and microfibers from coastal waterways around the world? And what if there was a way to connect Africa’s growing community of young data scientists with organizations that have valuable data sets but lack the expertise to uncover the insights that the data might provide?
Whether it’s by saving lives, protecting the marine environment or focusing the talent of up-and-coming experts in machine learning on local issues in Africa, each one would mark an important step toward addressing some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
The good news is that today, this work is already happening. It’s happening at startups that are creating new businesses, built around powerful technologies and designed to make the world a better place.
We prioritize enterprise technology, or B2B, startups who can best serve our customer base and will benefit most from the program. New member applicants are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Offering an innovative technical solution that supports customers in their digital transformation
- Less than seven years in existence
- Less than $25M in total annual revenue
- Seed, Series A, B, or C stage (or validated equivalent)
For Social Entrepreneurships
- Social impact startups from around the world are welcome to apply.
- You should carry an internal business metric that addresses an important social and/or environmental challenge through your products, services, and operations.
- You should have a statement of ethics and/ or a policy of responsible AI for social impact that will generate trust from customers, partners, and the public for competitive differentiation.
- Priority selection will be for startups aligning with key Microsoft strategic initiatives – We offer qualified startups access to grants in the fields of sustainability, accessibility, and skills & employability.
- You should have an established product, service, or business model which is poised for further growth in multiple communities or countries.
- You must be engaged in the development of an owned (not licensed) software-based product or service that will form a core piece of your current or intended business.
- Your headquarters must be based in the countries covered by our Azure global infrastructure.
- Your funding information must be verifiable.
Once approved, you will be eligible for:
- Microsoft Philanthropies grants for select ventures innovating in skills development, sustainability and accessibility.
- Connect with large commercial, public sector and nongovernmental organizations as well as other startups in the social impact space.
- Startups will also be extended membership into the premium offer from Microsoft for Startups which provides:
- Free access to Microsoft technologies including $120,000 USD of free Azure cloud and $1,000/month of GitHub Enterprise.
- Dedicated Go-To-Market resources to help startups sell alongside our global sales team and partner channel.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program should follow the link below;