The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2019 (At Makerere University)
Makerere University entered into a partnership with the MasterCard Foundation back in 2014 to offer scholars to 1000 bright youth from Africa to study at Makerere University.
The MasterCard Foundation works with visionary organizations to provide greater access to education, skills training and financial services for people living in poverty, primarily in Africa. As one of the largest private foundations its work is guided by its mission to advance learning and promote financial inclusion to create an inclusive and equitable world.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University 2019
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program aims at developing the next generation of African leaders and also to promote the strategic objectives of Makerere University and The MasterCard Foundation in contributing to Africas higher education sector and development.
The program recruits both national and international scholars at the ratio of 90:10 respectively and female and male scholars at the ratio of 80:20 respectively.
Makerere University is now pleased to announce 455 undergraduate scholarship opportunities (388 young women and 67 young men) for national (89%) and international (11%) students joining the University for academic year 2019/2020.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars receive holistic support as shown below:
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials
- Accommodation, bedding’s and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home
- Psycho-social and mentor-ship
- Must be admitted to study at Makerere University main campus in the academic year 2019/2020. This means that in order to fit within the Makerere University admission guidelines, all Scholarship applicants should endeavor to apply for admission when Makerere University advertises for private sponsorship.
- Must be from an economically disadvantaged
background,and a citizen of any country in Africa.
- Should exhibit academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 11 points for young women and 15 Points for young men obtained in Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (U.A.C.E) or its equivalent from 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to social betterment.
- Must have a record of community service.
- Should not be a holder of any other Scholarship.
- Should not have completed any Diploma or Undergraduate studies.
- Should not be a registered student of any university or tertiary institution.
How to Apply
Applicants should download, print and fill the scholarship application forms in the link below and send to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 10th May 2019