Makerere Sida Competitive Small Grant 2018 (For Youth in Ugandan Universities)
The Swedish research collaboration with Uganda was initiated in 2000 with the objective of promoting research and research training and to develop sustainable institutional capacity in an effort to strengthen higher education and an autonomous university system within the framework of National policies and plans.
The current cooperation agreement period (2015 – 2020) is being implemented by five partner Ugandan public Universities including Makerere University, Kyambogo University, Busitema University, Gulu University and Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
The Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University now invites applications for the Makerere Sida Competitive Small Grant (10 Grants) in any discipline for the year 2018. The grant will last for 6 months and supports smaller scale or pilot research projects that have budgets of UGX 15,000,000 or less (Max. Uganda Shilling Fifteen million Only).
Makerere Sida Competitive Small Grant Eligibility
- An active academic and research University staff
- Evidence of employment at one of the five partner Ugandan public Universities
- Applications should be accompanied by a research Concept Note (Max. 5 pages; Font Times New Roman; one and a half line spacing; single-sided page).
- Should not be a registered student for an academic award at the time of application
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply
- Reporting Requirements
- Within 6 months of receiving a Small Research Grant, the successful applicant must submit a final report to the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training on his or her project or, with justification, and a copy of the publication(s) resulting from the project.
Acceptable expenses for Makerere Sida Competitive Small Grant are those normally associated with research: data collection, analysis, report writing, computing costs; field travel to observatories, but not travel to conferences; and publication page charges.
Please note that requests to fund publication page charges should be made only when papers are written and ready for publication, or in the publication pipeline (submitted or accepted), or already published.
Before applying for the Makerere Sida Competitive Small Grant, have a copy of the complete Concept Note, including:
- Cover page (Word doc, PDF) with signatures.
- Project description (max. Three pages).
- Budget page (one page).
- CV (one page).
How to Apply
Electronic submission of an application for the Makerere Sida Competitive Small Grant with supporting documents should be sent to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University;
Hard copies should be addressed to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University, P.O.BOX 7062, Kampala, Senate Building Level Four, Room 410.
Application deadline is Monday 29th January 2018.