KCCA Technology Innovations Competition 2018
Innovation is one of the core values of Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) and in support of this they have launched the KCCA Technology Innovations Competition targeting Ugandan students and graduates who can give working solutions to challenges faced by citizens and the government. These challenges will be in form of themes and participants will be required to find solutions based on the theme.
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. KCCA is also the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority.
KCCA Technology Innovations Competition
The theme for this year’s KCCA Technology Innovations Competition is “citizen reporting”. KCCA requires a solution that will improve citizens’ reporting on services in their areas. There are a number of services offered by KCCA in the City which include; maintenance of roads, street lighting, and waste management. It is important that citizens have a solution where they are able to report to KCCA on the status of such services in their areas so that they can be identified and resolved by the right officials in the shortest time possible.
Terms and Conditions
- Each participant shall enter the KCCA Technology Innovations Competition once. This means only one idea may be considered for each participant or group.
- For a group entry, the participants are limited to six members only.
- Applications will be vetted on their relevance to the theme. Therefore participants are encouraged to structure their ideas by providing a solution as per the theme indicated.
- Upon submission of an application, KCCA will issue the participant or group with a reference number to track the application.
- Candidates that are shortlisted for the next stage in the competition will be required to produce prototypes within the specified time.
- The best three innovations will be selected by KCCA and the owners will be awarded cash prizes.
How to Apply
To enter the KCCA Technology Innovations Competition, please follow the link below and fill in the spaces available.
Deadline: 20th July 2018