The KAS Scholarship Programme 2020
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is proud to announce the call for applications to their annual KAS Scholarship Programme for Ugandan students pursuing Master’s degrees in Uganda.
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation that works worldwide in more than 120 countries. Through their work, they contribute towards securing and increasing peace, freedom, and prosperity in Europe and throughout the world.
The KAS Scholarship Programme
KAS accepts applications in the fields of social sciences (preferably with a focus on studies in the areas of governance and international relations) and in the field of economics (preferably with a focus on studies in the areas of innovation and sustainability).
KAS Uganda & South Sudan offers scholarships to Master’s students who are enrolled at an accredited institution with sound educational quality.
- For successful candidates, the scholarship will cover the cost of tuition as charged by the university for the duration of one year. Scholars have the possibility of extending their scholarships if they have met all the deadlines and requirements for submissions.
- Additionally, KAS will provide a stipend for learning materials and books amounting to 1,000,000 UGX per term. The student is expected to meet further costs, such as transport, research, and other study expenses, on their own or through other sources. Scholars have access to KAS networks and are presented with unique learning opportunities through networking events and further resources.
- They are expected to regularly contribute to these networking opportunities and to submit term reports on their personal and professional progress as well as contribution to KAS.
- Applicants must be citizens of Uganda and should not be older than 35 years;
- Applicants must show a record of commitment to and engagement in the broader KAS network;
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree and provide proof of academic excellence in
previous levels of education;
- Applicants must show their motivation to undertake a particular course;
- Applicants holding leadership positions or portraying potential for future leadership have an added
- Applicants with current or past employment in relevant program areas and/or engagement in social,
developmental and/or political sphere(s) have an additional advantage;
- Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs.
- A motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) providing the following information:
- An explanation of the reason for applying for support from KAS;
- A statement of the applicant’s academic goals and interests;
- An outline of the applicant’s past engagements with KAS;
- A description of the relevant work experience (or social-political engagements) related to the chosen program of study;
- An outline of the applicant’s career objectives and how the study program will help in the achievement of these goals;
- Complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
- Copies of relevant transcripts from schools or universities;
- Proof of admission to your institution or evidence of having applied for any of the programs under the scholarship scheme (if impossible under the current circumstances, we may decide to review your application tentatively. Please indicate when you will submit this document in a short statement);
- Two letters from referees (professional or academic), signed and sealed – or sent via email from your referees directly to us
How to Apply
Applications for the KAS Scholarship Programme should be sent via email to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th May 2020