The KAS Media Africa Journalism Scholarship 2020
Are you a young African journalist eager to pursue further study and take your career to the next level? The KAS Media Africa Journalism Scholarship is back!
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation. In Germany, 16 regional offices offer a wide variety of civic education conferences and events. It’s offices abroad are in charge of over 200 projects in more than 120 countries. As a think-tank and consulting agency, KAS soundly researched scientific fundamental concepts and current analyses are meant to offer a basis for possible political action
KAS Media Africa Journalism Scholarship
KAS Media Africa is once again calling for suitably qualified African journalists to apply for a scholarship for a postgraduate journalism degree at the prestigious University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg for the academic year 2020/2021.
- University fees
- Return flight to Johannesburg
- Modest monthly stipend
- Accommodation fees for student housing
- A one-time payment towards study materials
- Reimbursement of costs for study visa and SAQA assessment
- Candidates should be under 30 years old, working as a journalist in a sub-Saharan African country and fluent in English.
- For Honours, candidates must have at least three years’ working experience and either an undergraduate degree or pass an entrance test.
- For Masters, candidates must have a degree equivalent to the BA Honours in Journalism (or related field) and at least three years’ working experience.
- Candidates must work closely with KAS Media Africa during their stay in Johannesburg and write regular narrative reports on their study progress.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the KAS Media Africa Journalism Scholarship are encouraged to submit the following documents to email@example.com with “KAS Scholarship” in the subject heading. ;
- A motivation letter
- A CV
- Two samples of published writing/broadcast clips
- Two letters of nomination/reference by a senior journalist, publisher or academic
Deadline: 8th July 2019