The International Citizenship Service (ICS) Programme – Kayunga
Restless Development is implementing the International Citizenship Service (ICS) programme in Kayunga and they are recruiting 35 young people to volunteer.
Restless Development knows young people have the power to solve the challenges faced in our world, but they are being sidelined. They are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, they work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
The International Citizenship Service (ICS) Programme in Kayunga
This International citizenship service programme is an opportunity for young people to gain valuable skills and experience while bringing about lasting change in communities.
As an ICS volunteer you will spend 10-12 weeks as part of a team of British and Ugandan volunteers living and working side by side. The international citizenship service programme is a great opportunity to learn and develop whilst contributing to meaningful projects aimed at tackling the root causes of poverty.
- You must a Ugandan aged 18-28
- You must be committed to the principle of volunteering to support community development
- You should have a minimum of A’ Level education.
- You must be available between October to December
Restless Development offers a dynamic and empowering working environment with a strong values-led culture and plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Receive training and capacity building exposures.
- Provision of Food and Accommodation (in host family) and minimal allowance during the placement period.
- Learn and gain practical skills and hands-on work experience in the development sector.
- Prepare to be a role model for the local youth and communities.
- Help to develop communication and networking skills.
How to Apply
- Click here to download an application form,
- Complete all sections the form and
- Email it to ICSvolunteerrecruitment@gmail.com
Please DO NOT attach CVs or academic documents.
Deadline: 15th September 2019