Injini Edtech Incubator 2018 (for Young Entrepreneurs in Africa)
Applications have opened for the second edition of the Cape Town-based Injini Edtech incubator, the first programme dedicated to learning startups on the African continent.
Injini took in its first cohort – eight companies from five different African countries in October of last year and is now looking for another eight ed-tech innovations that can change education across Africa.
The Injini Edtech Incubator is a 6-month programme. The second cohort is scheduled to begin in July 2018 and end on December 2018.
- The programme is open to anyone from, based in or focused on any African country.
- Injini is looking at for-profit businesses, focused on Africa and on as broad a section of the population as possible (especially low income), that address learning from early years to adults using technology.
Injini Edtech Incubator Benefits
- Injini will cover the full cost of travel to and from Cape Town for all entrepreneurs and teams.
- Injini will cover accommodation for those that need it. We will cover all programme related travel.
- Injini will pay stipends.
- Injini will give each cohort up to $50,000 of funding. They believe that this is not only the only EdTech dedicated early stage funding available, it is the best terms you will raise money on at this stage.
- Joining the programme will give you access to a unique network — not only those we know across the continent and world but your fellow cohort members. Each year, 16 entrepreneurs and teams will come through our programme creating a powerful network for accessing expertise and scale and funding opportunities.
- They have established partnerships in the African tech, education, corporate and government world unrivaled by anyone.
How to Apply
Applicants fill in a short application form that will be live from 1 March to 3 April 2018. Around 20 successful applicants will go through the due diligence process, including providing a short video by 16th April. The top 15 will pitch to the Injini selection panel for the remaining 8 places.
Deadline: 3rd April 2018