The Halcyon Incubator 2018 (For Early Stage Social Entrepreneurs)
The Halcyon Incubator is committed to solving 21st-century challenges throughout the nation and the world. By helping social entrepreneurs transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures, the Halcyon Incubator acts as a catalyst for measurable social outcomes. It’s perhaps the most immersive incubator in the world that focuses on both social impact and profit.
During this 18-month fellowship, a diverse cohort of fellows receives free residency and workspace, mentorship and leadership coaching, robust support from business consultants, and a living stipend to develop their entrepreneurial vision into reality.
Fellows engage with the program in two major stages:
- Residency (5 months): Fellows live and work at the Halcyon Incubator with unfettered access to expert guidance. They also participate in core programming that includes pitch sessions, a skill development series and other events, ultimately taking part in a “Demo Day” in front of partners and investors.
- Post-Residency (13 months): Fellows continue to work at the Halcyon Incubator, with free access to all resources to further build their networks, secure funding, and grow their venture.
Halcyon’s well-honed methodology fosters creativity through an environment of freedom, access, collaboration, and support. It gives prospective impact leaders the physical and mental space to freely take risks and exercise their ingenuity. By removing barriers and supplying resources, Halcyon empowers visionaries regardless of their means or circumstances. In this way, it disrupts the status quo of who has access to entrepreneurship opportunities.
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator:
- Applicant(s) must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program.
- Applicant(s) must be fluent in English.
- The venture must be the original idea of the applicant(s).
- The venture must be in start-up idea, MVP, or pilot phase.
- The venture must have less than $500,000 annual revenue.
- The venture must be independent and autonomous. Ventures cannot be considered independent or autonomous if they were started under the direction of an existing organization.
- The applicant or applicant’s team must be the primary decision maker for the venture’s development and management.
- Applicant(s) must be able to make a full-time commitment to the venture’s development during the first twelve months of the fellowship.
- Applicant(s) who will be enrolled in a college or university during the time of the fellowship are not eligible.
- Applicant(s) must have legal work status in the United States or be able to obtain a visa for the Residency and Post-Residency phases.
- Applicant(s) must complete the entire online application and submit it and all required documents before the closing date.
To learn more about the application process, please review Halcyon Incubator’s Selection Criteria and Process.
How to Apply
Partnerships (ventures co-founded and led by two individuals) may apply as long as both founders meet the above eligibility requirements.
Ventures may be for-profit, hybrid, or undecided, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change. Ventures structured as ‘non-profit’ will only be considered if they have a product or service they are selling, and that have a business model at their core.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your application today, Click Here
Deadline: 4th April 2018