The Google Sustainable Development Goals Accelerator 2020 (For Startups)
There is no shortage of problems facing humanity, but there is a shortage of successful startups solving them. Through the Google sustainable development goals accelerator 2020, you can fix that.
Is your startup ready to reach the next level? Is social impact at the core of your business model? Are you interested in partnering with Google to accelerate the growth of your startup? If so, please consider applying for this accelerator.
Google Sustainable Development Goals Accelerator
The goal for the Google sustainable development goals accelerator is to empower technology startups to build and scale viable social impact companies to solve the world’s biggest problems with the best of Google: our people, our network, and our advanced technology.
Startups accepted into the sustainability accelerator can expect the following equity-free support from Google:
- 1:1 mentoring and support from a combination of Google mentors and carefully chosen external mentors
- Assistance with technology, product, design, growth (including fundraising), and leadership training
- Pairing with a Google Startup Success Manager to help connect your startup with specific resources within and outside Google
- Inspirational keynote talks, panel discussions, and workshops with relevant experts
- Membership in a collaborative, supportive community of relevant social impact partners
- Google will also cover travel expenses for these 3 weeks.
NB: Remember, Google does not invest cash in your startup and we do not take any equity in your company. They want to bring the best of Google–our people, our network, and our advanced technology–to you so you can create products and services that change the world.
Google expects to run multiple cohorts of startups through this accelerator over the next several years. Over time, we want to gather a portfolio of startups from around the world that are collectively working on the full range of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
For their first class, they’ve chosen to focus on startups that are based in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. They’re interested in working with startups that meet the following criteria:
- Startups should have a technology-based product. In particular but not exclusively, we’re best positioned to work with startups that address a unique problem with data/artificial intelligence or machine learning.
- Startups should have some level of market traction with their product/service. We’re best positioned to help startups that are past the “idea stage” and have some initial customer validation.
- Startups should be able to identify a large market opportunity for significant impact. We’re best positioned to help startups grow in order to address a large, identified market.
- Startups should equally be driven by both the business case for the product/service and the social impact that their product/service can have. We’re most interested in startups that have social impact at the core of their business model. Startups should be able to clearly articulate the impact that they hope to achieve in their focus area – aligning with the SDG framework.
- The startup’s founding team and/or key team members should be able to demonstrate that they have the technical skills, business skills, and social impact mindset to grow a company in the social impact sector.
How to Apply
To apply the Google sustainable development goals accelerator 2020, follow the link below;
Deadline: 5th January 2020