The Global Scholar Award 2020 (Marquette University Scholarship)
The Global Scholar award recognizes the importance of diverse world views and international perspectives within the Marquette University community.
Marquette University is a Catholic, Jesuit university located near the heart of downtown Milwaukee, Wis., that offers a comprehensive range of majors in 11 nationally and internationally recognized colleges and schools. A Marquette education offers students a virtually unlimited number of paths and destinations and prepares them for the world by asking them to think critically about it.
The Global Scholar Award 2020
The competitive award offers full-tuition based on a student’s high academic achievement, demonstrated interest in global perspectives and the student’s potential for providing significant global contributions to the Marquette community. It is awarded annually to up to three talented freshmen international students who will first enrol in the fall semester. Students in all academic fields will be considered.
The scholarship is renewable each year of the recipient’s four-year (eight-semester) undergraduate program, provided that the student remains in good academic standing. Global Scholars are expected to initiate and contribute to global engagement activities within the campus and Milwaukee communities each year of the award.
- High school senior who will enter Marquette as a freshman (first-year)
- High school is located outside the United States
- Minimum 3.25 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) in all college-preparatory courses
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
- International student who will enroll with non-immigrant F-1 visa status
- Global Scholar application
- Essay: Marquette’s motto is Be the Difference. Describe how you have been the difference in your community. As a Global Scholar, how will you build on these experiences to be the difference at Marquette and in the world? (300-500 words)
- One letter of recommendation: We suggest that the recommendation letter explains your experience with an interest in global issues
- School activities list or resume
How to Apply
To apply for admission into Marquette University, you must submit all the above-mentioned application materials.
Final candidates may be asked to participate in a video or phone interview
Deadline: 1st March 2020