The Innovation Village’s Freelancers Lounge 2020
The Innovation Village is launching the Freelancer’s Lounge; a community space to unlocking the future of work by promoting the interests of independent workers.
The Innovation Village is building an entire ecosystem of entrepreneurs and innovators solving the biggest challenges, from helping entrepreneurs launch and grow high-impact ventures to attracting global opportunities.
The Freelancers Lounge
The Freelancers lounge at the Innovation Village is a community space designed to unlock the new world of work. A freelancer can be a person who works as a writer, designer, performer, or the like, selling work or services by the hour, day, job, etc., rather than working on a regular salary basis for one employer.
Through this lounge, the Innovation Village is offering free co-working, educational workshops, discounts, linkage to gigs, legal and financial support, benefits assistance, and community & networking events for freelancers to make the best use of their talent.
As a member of the Freelancers Lounge, you will get a freelancers-pass, that will include;
- Access to the Innovation Village network of innovators, investors and corporations.
- Free co-working space (10 days per month for 3 months, Amenities- WiFi, Boardroom, Printing and Scanning, Vibrant working environment)
- Participate in community building and networking events. The Innovation Village regular meetups bring together others like you to come together, learn stuff, with the objective of growing your trade all at once. The platform gives an opportunity for freelancers to tackle common and not so common roadblocks together, strengthening individually and together.
- Potentially join programs and get linked to people and businesses looking to put your skills to work across various industries.
- Teach a workshop at the Freelance lounge on topics that will benefit the freelance / entrepreneurial community. Workshop proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis i.e. freelancing 101 skills, contracts and legal issues for freelancers, networking and community building, health and wellness, and finances and budgeting.
How to Apply
Interested in applying for the Freelancers Lounge, submit your application and portfolio via the link below;
Deadline: 25th March 2020