The European Union Traineeship 2018 (For Young Graduates in Uganda)
The Delegation of European Union to Uganda offers paid traineeships to Ugandan young graduates with less than one year of professional experience. During the European Union Traineeship traineeship trainees will be fully involved in the activities of the Delegation, notably in the Political, Press & Information Section.
- Are you a young graduate interested in international relations?
- Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values outside of the EU?
The European Union Traineeship 2018
The European Union Traineeship offers opportunities for high-level contacts with the Ugandan authorities, European counterparts and EU Member States. Discretion in handling these contacts and the possibly sensitive information is essential. The successful candidates would have the opportunity to learn about the functioning of the EEAS, established in 2010, and on diplomatic and political working methods and policies.
A traineeship is offered for a period of 3 months on average and shall not exceed 6 months within the Political, Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to Uganda. Specific situations can be discussed in case of candidates considered with a strong background including academic merits.
The traineeship consists of;
- Research and analyze information;
- Draft analytical and synthetic reports on policies and current affairs;
- Attend and participate in meetings, seminars, and conferences in Kampala;
- Support the section in the preparation of visits, missions, and meetings as well as follow-up actions.
- Citizens of the host country, nationals from the EU Member States or the pre-accession States;
- Young graduates with at least a Bachelor Diploma (or equivalent);
- Fluent in English;
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and able to work both in a multi-cultural team and to carry out tasks independently;
- Able to demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, research, writing and analysis skills;
- Skilled in using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Knowledge & Experience
- Maximum one year of professional experience;
- No previous experience of more than six weeks in the EU Institutions.
The organization of the European Union Traineeship selection process will ensure that all candidates are treated in a fair, transparent and non-discriminatory way. Based on the required profile and tasks to be assigned to the selected trainee, selection will be carried out by a Committee made up of the Head of Delegation, the Head of the Political Section or representative, one official, after:
- Screening of applications;
- Establishment of a short-list;
- Interview of at least 3 eligible candidates (interview by phone/skype if short-listed candidates are not in Kampala);
- Reception of relevant supporting documents.
The work of the Committee is confidential, final and binding. There is no appeal procedure. Only the candidates invited to interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
The application dossier for the European Union Traineeship should contain the following documents:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A Standard CV (English version)
- A copy certified to confirm your University Diploma;
- Successful candidates will be requested to provide supporting documents from their host University at later stages of the recruitment.
Deadline: 31st July 2018