The European Union Traineeship 2019 (For Young Graduates in Uganda)
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Uganda? Apply for the European Union Traineeship.
The EU Delegation to Uganda assumes the local Presidency of the EU in Uganda. This means that they are tasked with speaking on behalf of the EU in Uganda, reflecting common EU positions and spearheading EU values on Human Rights, Governance and Democracy.
The European Union Traineeship
With a start date scheduled for September, the EU Delegation to Uganda’s traineeship will run for 6 months and is to be conducted within the Political, Press & Information Section.
The trainee will be fully involved in the activities of the Delegation, with direct exposure to the EU activities in Uganda, and will be provided with a unique occasion to understand the work of an EU Delegation in a third country.
The traineeship in the Political, Press and Information (PPI) Section offers opportunities for high-level contacts with the Ugandan authorities, European counterparts and EU Member States. Discretion in handling these contacts and possibly sensitive information is essential and the selected candidate will be requested to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Main tasks for the trainees
- Research and analyse information;
- Contribute to drafting of analytical reports on policies and current affairs;
- Support in the preparations of programmes for events such as international day celebrations;
- Participate in external meetings and events and report about them;
- Support the section in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings.
- Assist the Press Officer in the preparation of daily press reviews and visibility actions.
For one to be eligible for the EU Delegation to Uganda traineeship, they must:
- Have a very good command of spoken and written English;
- Be highly motivated, willing to learn and able to work both in a multi-cultural team and to carry out tasks independently;
- Be able to demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, research, writing and analysis skills;
- Be skilled in using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Have proven interest for EU affairs and international relations.
- Completed or ongoing master studies in international relations or related field;
- Experience in Ugandan parliamentary affairs;
- Knowledge of Uganda’s institutional system and political landscape;
- Experience in analysis of economic and sociological data;
- Experience in working in a team and in coordinating inputs from various colleagues;
- Proven networking skills.
Specific merits in terms of academic performance and in terms of language skills are considered a great advantage.
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: Delegationfirstname.lastname@example.org
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PPI Section.
Deadline: 15th June 2019
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.